I wanted a snack and went to my pantry. I saw a lot of random pantry items and not the pita chips I’m so fond of (I stopped buying them because I’d go through an entire box in two days). Something with protein and peanut butter sounded good. I decided to make – what I call – “pantry protein balls.”
- 1 scoop of protein powder (whatever the hell flavor you want)
- Flax seeds (maybe ⅓ cup?)
- Peanut butter (any kind you want – I did two spoonfuls)
- Agave syrup (I zig-zagged across the top of the ingredients)
- Rolled oats (1 cup and a little bit more for good measure)
I poured all the dry ingredients into a sizable red bowl first. Then I squeezed out Agave and scooped out the peanut butter. I tried stirring it with a spoon, but it made more of a mess outside of the bowl. I mixed it with my hands. Once it looked mixed, I took a handful and rolled it in my palm. It made seven. I ate two immediately.
Make sure to have water. After the second pantry protein ball, my mouth was dry. No pun intended.